After several months of procrastination and trying to understand what God would have me do with this website and ministry, I feel that it is time to just do it!
A couple years ago I started this ministry to produce films to share the love of Jesus to a lost world. Shortly after I first came up with the name, Shine in the Darkness, I became aware of a song by Josh Wilson called Pushing Back the Dark. I really identified with the lyrics, thinking that it was the theme song for the ministry.
Today, on my way to work from Tuesday morning bible study, I decided I would use the Shine in the Darkness website as a blog to share what I am doing with the film production skills and equipment the Lord has blessed me with. Not a minute later, that song came on the radio. Chills.
A line from the song struck me, “Cause somebody needs the light you have.” I didn’t remember that line. But, that is what I needed to spark this writing. I have the love of Christ in me, the Light of the world, and I really need to share it with someone in need.
So, I will.
- Here is my to do list:
- Record a voice over tonight with a missionary who is home on sabbatical, then produce their fundraising film
- A couple of projects have been filmed that need editing
- The Coffee Shop Scene
- Barrel and Hatchet promo
- Begin pre-production on Tony’s Mustang scene
- Find advertisers to help support the cost of the equipment
- Promote readership of this blog
- Recruit more members and volunteers
- Trust that if God is in it, nothing can stop it!
If you have a couple minutes, watch this video from Josh Wilson.
Let your light so shine….